Spay or Neuter ... It's Raining Cats and Dogs
Start with one female:
- One female cat and her offspring can produce 420,000 cats in seven years.
- One female dog and her offspring can produce 67,000 dogs in six years.
- An estimated eight to ten million dogs and cats are euthanized in shelters each year. Millions are abandoned, only to suffer from illness or injury before dying.
- It costs U.S. taxpayers an estimated $2 billion a year to round up, house, euthanize and dispose of homeless animals.
- As many as 25% of dogs entering shelters each year are purebreds.
- Approximately 55% of dogs and puppies and 71% of cats and kittens entering shelters are killed, based on reports from 1,038 facilities across America.
Every unspayed/unneutered pet potentially contributes to the problem. Please spay or neuter your pet for their health and safety and to assure a better world for pets and humans alike. Every litter hurts!